© Ugur Akinci
Imagine you have a data table like the following:
|Number of Salespeople||12||13||24||8||20||17||11||7||25||20||28||34|
Would you like to create a chart like the following which displays BOTH the number of salespeople and revenue (2 Y axes) by month (X axis)?
Follow these steps:
(1) Select the whole data table.
(2) Select the INSERT Tab. From COLUMN type of charts, select the first 2-column chart type. Here is the first result:
(3) Click on a BLUE bar to select the data about the number of salespeople:
(4) Right click a blue bar; then select Change Series Chart Type to display the Change Chart Type dialog box:
(5) Select “Line with Markers” chart type:
(6) Click OK to generate the dual axis chart:
(7) To format the chart even further, click one of the styles available from the Design tool bar:
(8) On the CHART LAYOUTS tool bar, select the second from the left (or experiment with the others available).
Here is the finished Two Axis chart: